With Mother's Day coming up I can’t think of a better recipe to offer all of you Vacmasters.Using the SV1 your able to produce fool-proof poached eggs in no time and a lime and dill spiked Hollandaise that removes any fear you might have had with this temperamental sauce.
Combine those classic recipes with cutting edge technique courtesy of Vacmaster, add top quality cold smoked salmon and your favorite English muffins and you have a Mother’s Day dish that will make any momma proud!
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Lime Dill Hollandaise
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 8 slices cold smoked salmon
- 4 SV Poached Eggs (see recipe below)
- 1 cup SV Lime Dill Holandaise (see recipe below)
- 4 large dill fronds, fresh
- 4 lime wedges, fresh
Using a toaster or oven broiler toast the English muffin halves and divide between 4 plates, top each English muffin with 2 slices smoked salmon, carefully crack and place a poached egg on each.
Spoon dill hollandaise over each egg, garnish with the dill fronds and the lime wedges, serve immediately.
Sous Vide Poached Egg
- as needed extra large egg(s), Farm Fresh
1. Preheat the SV1 to 167 °F or 75 °C
2. Using a slotted spoon or similar gently submerge the egg(s) directly from the refrigerator into the water bath and cook for 13 minutes.
3. Using the slotted spoon carefully remove the egg(s) from the water bath and use immediately.
Lime and Dill Hollandaise
Yield: 1 cup
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed, or to taste
- 8 tablespoons unsalted "sweet"butter
- 3 egg yolks (large), well-beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon or to taste sirracha
- 1-2 tablespoons or to taste dill, fresh, minced
1. Preheat to the SV1 to 149F/65C.
2. Using the Vacmaster bag filler place all of the ingredients (except the fresh dill) into a suitable sized Vacmaster chamber pouch and seal. Gently place the bag into the water bath and cook for 45 minutes to one hour, gently shaking the bag and agitating the mixture after 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the bag from the water, open it, and gently pour the contents into a suitable bowl and process the mixture until smooth, using an a immersion blender.Alternatively, pour the contents into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Add the fresh minced dill and using a spatula or spoon fold in the dill until thoroughly combined