After the big day is all said and done, you are left with the most expensive and meaningful dress you have ever bought, how do you preserve and protect it for the future? There are many options here, you can even pay bridal shops to preserve the dress for you, but this comes with a heavy price tag. After my wedding the last thing I was looking to do was spend more money, but I love and wanted to preserve my dress. I wracked my brain for a bit, before realizing I could preserve it myself using my husband's VacMaster® PRO380. He uses it after a hunt to process deer, so I knew the machine could handle my dress.
Here's what I used:
• My wedding dress
• VacMaster® PRO380
Here's how you'll do it:
1. First lay the dress out on a flat surface, and fold it to fit inside the 15" bag.
2. Getting the dress in the bag was the hardest part, I would recommend leaving both ends of the bag open for this part, and having a friend (or husband) help.
3. Once the dress is inside, you can go ahead and use the seal only function on one end of the bag.
4. Then, simply turn the bag around and vacuum and seal the other end.
5. Now your precious dress will be protected from air, dust and dirt for years to come!