|Nobody puts “Dutch Baby” in a corner!|
Basically a sweetened popover of Germanic origins the Dutch Baby is a ridiculously simple showstopper of any breakfast or brunch menu. One caveat, the Dutch Baby waits for no one! Once out of the oven this spectacular pancake cloud will be deflate immediately but not to worry, it’s delicious either way!
• 2 eggs grade A large
• 1/2 cup cake flour
• 1/2 cup milk, whole
• 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
• 4 tablespoons unsalted "sweet" butter
• 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
• 1/2 lemon lemon juice, fresh
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, using a wire whisk lightly beat the eggs.
3. Add the cake flour, milk and nutmeg and lightly beat the mixture until blended leaving a few tiny lumps
4. In a heat proof 12 inch skillet with heat proof handle melt the butter over medium-high heat until foaming
5. Quickly pour in the batter and immediately put in the center middle of the preheated oven.
6. Bake in the oven until the pancake is billowing on the edges and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the “very “hot pan from the oven and using can shaker or a fine-meshed sieve, liberally dust the entire pancake with the powdered sugar.8. Carefully place the pancake back in the oven for a minute or two to melt the sugar
9. Remove and dust one more time with the sugar and sprinkle with the fresh lemon juice.
10. Drizzle the Dulce De Leche over the entire pancake and serve immediately.