Vacmaster® Oil Change Guide
Changing oil regularly in chamber vacuum sealers ensures proper lubrication that reduces the amount of heat produced by the pump. Oil changes also get rid of dirt and debris, which makes the pump run slower. If the pump heats up because of old oil, it will wear down and eventually stop working properly. It’s recommended to change your oil based on frequency and type of usage. Here are some helpful tips to extend the life of the oil pump by keeping up with maintenance for different types of users.
Users that will be running the machine daily for extend periods of time.
- The oil should be changed every 1-2 months or every 400-500 cycles whichever comes first.
- Heavy Moisture Content: Items that are either put in hot, moisture laden, or straight liquid should have the oil changed more frequently; to prevent damage to the pump.
Users that run the machine sparingly, possibly 1-2 times a week, for a short periods of time.
- The Oil should be changed every 2-3 months.
- If the machine is to sit without use for an extended period; be sure the machine either sits with a batch of clean oil or no oil in the machine at all.
Users that have specific times that the machine will be in use. Hunting, fishing, butchering etc.
- The oil should be changed 2-3 months or every 400-500 cycles; whichever comes first.
- Intended for use during the season and minimal to no use after the season is over.
- Change the oil before your season starts if a batch of oil was in the machine prior to the season starting and change the oil after the season is over; to prevent sediment and moisture from accumulating in the pump.
Recommended chamber vacuum pump oil:
Videos on the topic of oil chamber sealer maintenance:
Additional posts on the topic of oil chamber sealer maintenance:
- How To Change The Oil In Your Chamber Vacuum Sealer
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer – How-To Guide
Here is a printable version of the Vacmaster Oil Change Guide. For more details, tips, and troubleshooting on your chamber vacuum sealer, see the owner’s manual included with the machine and available for download in our Help Center.