The stress of the holiday season is upon us. Between shopping, parties, and planning your own family events, you’re feeling the rush. Cooking and preparing meals can be one of your biggest holiday stressors. Here are a few tips to make the process a little easier.
- Make a list of exactly what you will need for your holiday meals or gatherings.
- Shop for what you can in advance – canned goods or anything that will freeze or save. Then you’ll just have to make one last-minute trip to the store for the fresh items.
- Prepare as much as you can in advance. You want to do things like: cut up vegetables ahead of time or prepare a fresh sauce to cover a vegetable side dish instead of serving veggies in a casserole.
- Make and freeze items like cookie dough, rolls, or sauces. You can mix your favorite dough, use your VacMaster chamber sealer to seal it and freeze. Then take out only what you need at the time you are baking.
- Stick with recipes you know during the holidays – you’ll save time when you make dishes you know have been a previous success.
With these tips, your holidays will be made easier and you can have extra on hand ready for later. Simple preparation will save you some stress when it comes to holiday cooking. Take a few minutes to prepare, then sit back and enjoy more time with your family or loved ones.