|If you’re cooking anything with pumpkin, don’t throw away the seeds! Reserve them to make these tasty roasted pumpkin seeds. Use them as a garnish, or eat them on their own for a crispy fall snack!|
• pumpkin seeds
• kosher salt, ground fine
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place the raw fresh pumpkin seeds in a colander.
2. Under running water separate the seeds from any remaining pulp and discard the pulp
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
4. In a small sauce pan filled halfway with water over high heat bring to a boil with the salt.
5. Add the cleaned seeds and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, drain and pat them dry with a paper towel or cloth.
7. Drizzle the olive oil on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle seeds on top.
8. Spread the seeds as thinly as possible so there is only one layer of pumpkin seeds on sheet pan for even roasting.
9. Dust the kosher salt over seeds.
10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes gently stirring for even cooking a few times or until golden cool all the way before using.
11. Use as needed.