So now you have the best vacuum sealer machine of your dreams! Now what? Before you operate your new VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer, you’ll need to add oil to the machine.
To do this, you will first need to make sure the machine is turned off. Then, have the following tools handy:
0.5 qt of VacMaster machine oil
- Empty oil bottle with spout
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Adjustable wrench
To add oil:
- Prepare the oil - The VP215 includes a maintenance kit that contains a 0.5 qt of oil and an empty oil bottle withspout. Fill the empty oil bottle with oil.
- Remove the back panel - Using the Phillips head screwdriver (included), remove the four screws from the back panel and take the panel off the machine.
- Remove the oil fill bolt - Locate the oil fill bolt on the vacuum pump and remove it using an adjustable wrench or similar tool.
- Fill the pump with oil - Insert the spout into the open hole (oil fill bolt opening) and begin pouring the oil into the pump. Fill the pump until the oil level is at 0.5 to 0.75 in the site glass. This is approximately 3 – 3.5 ounces of oil.
- Replace the oil fill bolt and back panel - Once the pump is filled with oil, screw the oil fill bolt back in place and put the back panel on the machine.
Your VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer is now ready to be used.
To set up the machine:
- Attach the power cord and plug in the machine.
- Open the machine lid
- Turn the power switch to On
Next, you will want to adjust the settings.
To adjust/set the timing controls , press the SET button on the control panel until the required label (Vacuum, Sealing or Cooling) is illuminated.
- For each selection, the current time setting will show on the LED Screen. All time settings are displayed in seconds.
- For initial testing, the time settings should be: Vacuum Time - 40 seconds Sealing Time - 1.2 seconds Cooling Time - 2 seconds
To increase or decrease the vacuum time, press the SET button until VACUUM is illuminated and then use the UP/DOWN buttons to adjust the vacuum time accordingly. The time setting will display on the LED Screen on the control panel.
To increase or decrease the sealing time , press the SET button until SEALING is illuminated and then use the UP/DOWN buttons to adjust the sealing time to accommodate your application. It is recommended that you make adjustments in 0.1 second increments to avoid melting the pouch.
To increase or decrease the cooling time , press the SET button until COOLING is illuminated and then use the UP/ DOWN buttons to adjust the cooling time accordingly.
After the controls are set, you are ready to use a chamber pouch.
- Select a VacMaster vacuum chamber pouch
- Fill the pouch and place it in the chamber
- Close the machine’s lid to vacuum and seal
- Inspect the pouch
If the product you are sealing is vacuumed and sealed tightly, the process is complete.
For more details, tips, and troubleshooting on your VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer, see the owner’s manual that is included with the machine and available for download in our Help Center.
You did it! Now you are ready to vacuum seal your ingredients for storage or in preparation for a delicious meal. Enjoy!