With Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, it's the perfect time to fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious meals with family and friends. While classic hamburgers and hot dogs often steal the spotlight, why not take your outdoor cooking game to the next level with these mouthwatering sous vide sloppy joes? By using the precision temperature control of the VacMaster sous vide devices: SV1, SV5, SV10, you can achieve perfectly cooked, tender, and flavorful sloppy joes that will be a hit at your holiday gathering. So, gather your loved ones, prepare your grills, and get ready to elevate your Memorial Day menu with this incredible sous vide sloppy joe recipe!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Preheat your sous vide water bath to 155°F (68°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and form each into a patty.
- Vacuum seal each patty in a separate vacuum sealer bag, making sure to remove as much air as possible.
- Place the sealed bags in the sous vide water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the bags from the water bath and carefully open them. Discard any excess liquid and transfer the contents of the bags to a bowl.
- Use a fork to break up the meat mixture and stir well.
- Toast the hamburger buns, if desired, and serve the sloppy joe mixture on top of the buns.
Enjoy your perfectly cooked and flavorful sous vide sloppy joes, adding a touch of culinary sophistication to your Memorial Day weekend gathering!