eed a use for the rest of the eggnog before the holiday season ends? Here is a cocktail you can enjoy on a cold winter evening or at a holiday gathering.
If you are looking for a festive drink to make for New Year’s Eve, this Maple Eggnog Sous Vide is the perfect way to ring in the New Year! Cheers!
1. Preheat the SV1 to 147°F/64°C.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer or similar, beat the eggs with the maple sugar and salt for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are thick.
3. Add the milk, cream and grate about 1/8 teaspoon of the nutmeg and beat until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
5. Using a VacMaster chamber machinevacuum seal the bag but keep an eye out for boil over during the vacuum process. If the liquid level comes near the seal bars before the cycle has ended, immediately hit the stop/seal button and the process will stop and the bag will seal.
6. Gently place the bag into the SV1 water bath and cook for 1 hour, agitating the contents in the pouch the last 10 minutes.
7. Remove the pouch from the water bath and immediately quick chill the mixture by submerging the sealed pouch in an ice water batch (½ ice to ½ water) for minimum of 30 minutes.
8. Refrigerate the bag overnight to thoroughly chill which also allows the flavors to develop.
9. Remove the pouch of eggnog from the refrigerator and pour it through a fine mesh sieve into a large serving or punch bowl.
10. Add the optional scotch and brandy, blend thoroughly.
11. Grate additional fresh nutmeg on top for garnish and serve
immediately in martini glasses, rocks glasses or punch cups topped with a bit
of freshly whipped cream.