• 2 large beets
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or any appropriate rendered animal fat
1. Fill and preheat the VacMaster SV1 to 185°F/85°C.
2. Thoroughly wash the beets to remove all dirt and grit and trim away the tops.
3. Peel the beets and cube to about a 1/2-inch in size or whichever shape or size is appropriate to your recipe.
4. Using a VacMaster bag filler and appropriate sized VacMaster bag add the salt and butter.
5. Using a VacMaster chamber or suction machine vacuum seal the bag.
6. Gently place the bag in the water bath of the SV1 and cook for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours or until the beets are tender but still holding their shape.
7. Remove from the water bath and use as needed.
8. Alternatively, the beets can be immediately chilled in the bag in an ice water bath until cold then refrigerated for later use.