Serving Size: 2
6 large eggs
4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black truffles, fresh, freshly grated, with slices for garnish
as needed chives, fresh, finely chopped
1. Preheat the SV1 to 74C/165F
2. In a medium-size bowl combine the eggs, butter, cream, salt, and pepper. Using an immersion blender or whisk, blend the mixture until thoroughly mixed. Add the grated black truffles and pour the mixture (the VacMaster multi ring bag stand or pouch stand is perfect for this) into a medium sized pouch and seal.
3. As liquids boil in a vacuum, and we are dealing with cream, the mixture will want to expand toward the end of the cycle so it's a good idea to keep your eyes on the mixture level and if the eggs get close to the opening, seal immediately to prevent the mix from overflowing
4. Once the SV1 has preheated, gently submerge the pouch into the water for a total of 30 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, take the egg pouch out of the water and massage it to break up the eggs. Return it to the sous vide setup and cook for another 5-8 minutes, until the mixture begins to firm up.
6. Remove the pouch from the water and massage it once more. Then pour the sous vide scrambled eggs evenly into suitable serving bowls. Taste for seasonings and add any salt or pepper if needed. Garnish with the truffle slices, chives and enjoy.