• 4-6 large carrots
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or any appropriate rendered animal fat
1. Fill and preheat the VacMaster SV1 to 185°F/85°C.
2. Thoroughly wash the carrots to remove all dirt and grit and trim away the tops.
3. Peel the carrots and cube to about a 1/2-inch in size or whichever shape or size is appropriate to your recipe.
6. Gently place the bag in the water bath of the SV1 and cook for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours or until the carrots are tender but still holding their shape.
7. Remove from the water bath and use as needed.
8. Alternatively, the carrots can be immediately chilled in the bag in an ice water bath until cold then refrigerated for later use.