A few words on Pumpkins:
* In general a 5 lb. pumpkin will yield approximately 4 cups of pumpkin puree.
* 1- 29 oz. can is equal to about 3-1/4 cups fresh, cooked, pumpkin puree.
* 16 oz. can of pumpkin is the equivalent of approximately 2 cups of pumpkin puree.
• 5 pounds’ pie pumpkin, fresh, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
• kosher salt, optional, to taste
1. Preheat the VacMaster SV1 to 85°C/185°F
2. Cut the pumpkin into quarters, scoop out the seeds and stringy material, reserve seeds for toasted pumpkin seeds if desired, see recipe.
3.Peel the pumpkin using a small sharp knife or vegetable peeler.
4.Cut the cleaned and peeled pumpkin into 1 inch cubes
5. Place the cubed pumpkin in appropriately sized VacMaster bag(s) evenly and distribute into a single layer.
7. Gently place the bag in the water bath of the SV1 and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the pumpkin is quite tender and can easily be crushed by your fingers
8. Carefully remove the hot pumpkin from the bag and place into bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade or blender and puree until smooth.
9. Use as needed.